COCA welcomes inquiries about internships at any time from students interested in how a local arts agency functions. Most of our interns are graduate students in arts administration; however, we also have interns who are undergraduates, and very occasionally, high school students. We ask that all interns commit to working with us for at least 1 year (2 semesters). For more information, contact COCA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grants Program - This position will work directly with our Grants & Strategic Partnerships Manager, Dr. Kevin Carr
- National, regional, and local grants research
- Assist in tracking and recording COCA grant applications progress
- Aide in COCA's current economic impact study
Learn more about the COCA grant program.
General Marketing - This position will work directly with our Communications & Marketing Manager, Erica Thaler
- Maintaining and updating COCA's Media Guide
- Building weekly Tallahassee Arts Guide and Classifieds Newsletters
- Content management for the Tallahassee Arts Guide
Learn more about COCA's marketing program.
Public Art Program - This position will work directly with our Assistant Director, Education & Exhibitions Manager, Amanda Karioth Thompson
- Installing all COCA public art exhibitions
- Organize and manage all art submissions for each exhibition
- Create promotional materials for each show
Learn more about COCA's Art in Public Places Program.
Many arts organizations need front of house volunteers (ticket takers, ushers and greeters), administrative volunteers (stuffing envelopes and answering phones) and help with lots of other tasks. You can search for local volunteer opportunities within the arts by visiting TallahasseeArts.org.
COCA periodically needs volunteers to help in the office and at local arts and culture events. Click here to sign up to volunteer with us.
The COCA Volunteer Directory helps to facilitate a connection between volunteers and local arts organizations that are seeking help. We will send you direct emails when volunteer opportunities arise. The COCA Volunteer Directory is a private COCA database and we won’t share your information. When an organization contacts COCA looking for volunteers, COCA will send you a direct email and then it is up to you decide if you’d like to participate. It’s that simple!